Baked Goat Cheese Pasta
Baked Goat Cheese Pasta is filled with creamy pasta and goat cheese, and decorated with fresh vegetables, making it a delicious, one-pot family meal!
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more here on our Disclaimer and Privacy Page.
I remember seeing different versions of this goats cheese pasta bake on tik tok and such.
It was such an easy concept and I’m glad it was brought to our attention.
Because, while I love goat cheese, a goats cheese pasta bake never crossed my mind.
Now, this original tiktok pasta with goat cheese is an easy go-to one-dish family recipe in our house.
Anytime we have an opportunity to enjoy a cheesy baked pasta, we’re all in!
Why You’ll Love Baked Goat Cheese Pasta
Trust me on this one – this baked artichoke pasta with creamy goat cheese is a must make!
Here are several reasons why you’ll love it.
- Easily customizable – Use whatever pasta shape you like, and add whatever veggies you like. I love red peppers and artichokes in pasta, so we always add them.
- One dish! We love one dish recipes in our house for ease, convenience and easy clean up!
- 30 Minute Meal – The pasta cooks while the roasted cherry tomatoes and goat cheese bake. Then you’ll add the pasta and mix in melty cheese.
- Kids love it – Because it’s pasta, it’s creamy and it’s cheesy – what’s not to love?!
Ingredients for Goat Cheese Baked Pasta
Here’s what you’ll need to make this baked goat cheese pasta recipe.
- grape/cherry tomatoes – We used ones from our garden – so tender and juicy! These are the start of the show and really makes you appreciate juicy tomatoes.
- artichokes – I used canned artichokes that were seasoned with Italian spices. Easy to add in!
- red pepper – You can omit this or use any other bell pepper as well
- garlic – Garlic, cheese, olive oil, tomatoes – A matchmade in heaven.
- olive oil
- herbed goat cheese – You can also use a plain goat cheese, but the herbed version adds more flavor.
- spices – If you like yours spicier, opt for more red pepper flakes.
- spinach, or other greens – These wilt in nicely to add an extra few servings of veggies and nutrients.
- pasta – I used a blend of rotini and farfalle. You can use whatever you prefer.
- Large pasta pot for boiling pasta and your choice of vegetables (I prefer this one because it’s non-toxic and stainless steel)
- 9×13 pan or casserole dish (I recommend a lasagna pan but a pyrex works fine)
- Cutting board (I like this anti bacterial cutting board and it’s super easy to clean)
- This silicone pasta clip strainer is a game changer! It saves you from using a colander to drain your pasta.
How to Make Goat Cheese Pasta Bake
We made a few swaps to the well-known tik tok pasta with goat cheese, but it’s for the better, in my humble opinion.
First, you’ll pick out your wonderful cherry tomatoes, the star of the show. We used some from our little garden plant!
Then, you’ll mix in diced pepper and artichokes (if using), and put them in your baking dish. Add some olive oil and give it all a little stir.
Create a little hole in the middle for your goat cheese log and sprinkle your herbs on top.
Then, you’ll bake it for 30-35 minutes.
Let me tell you – the smell when you take this goat cheese pasta bake out of the oven is magic.
This easy baked goat cheese pasta recipe is a great way to try artichokes and add them to your diet, too!
Al dente pasta is generally pasta that is cooked for 6-7 minutes. It is cooked just long enough that it is neither crunchy nor too soft.
The reserved pasta water will help keep everything creamy. I chose to use milk instead for additional nutrients, so you can choose whatever suits you best!
This creamy pasta dish will be good for up to 4 days in your fridge when stored in an airtight container!
No! The beauty is that you can pick the pasta shapes you have or love. Aside from spaghetti and orzo, most shapes will work. I used a blend of rotini and farfalle, though penne would also work.
- Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- Sweet Potato Spaghetti
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Pizza Bites
- Sweet Potato Tots
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 4-6 oz canned artichokes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 ounces of herbed coat cheese
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 12 oz pasta (I used a blend of farfalle and rotini)
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup full fat milk or pasta water (Reserve from cooking pasta)
- Preheat oven to 400 and coat a 9x13 baking or casserole dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In baking dish, combine tomatoes, diced peppers, artichokes and garlic, and toss with olive oil.
- Make space in the center of the dish by pushing coated tomatoes, peppers and artichokes to the sides and place goat cheese log in the center. Sprinkle blend of spices over everything.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, uncovered.
- While your goat cheese is baking, bring salted water to a boil in a medium pot, and prepare your pasta al dente.
- After cooking, check for doneness (cheese should be melting). Use a spoon to mix the pasta around and add greens.
- Lastly, add milk or reserved pasta water. Stir the dish until creamy and liquid is absorbed.
- Add basil or herbs on top, to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 551mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 16gSugar: 6gProtein: 19g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram