Free Printable Bear Mask Template
There are so many wonderful children’s books about bears. What fun it would be to decorate a bear mask to wear before hearing one! You could even have your children wear their mask while listening to a book. However, if you think that would be too distracting for them to wear a mask during the story they could decorate or wear it after the story.
Great Books About Bears
Below you will find some of my favorite bear books. There are a wide variety of books displayed. If you don’t find your favorite book below, please leave a comment under this post. I would love to hear what your favorite bear book is.
Links below are affiliate links.
Getting the Bear Mask Ready to Decorate
- First, you will need to download a copy of the Bear Mask template. It was saved as a PDF. Before you can open it you will need to make sure you have a PDF reader. I really like Adobe Acrobat.
- Next, you will need to print it out on heavy copy paper or card stock. It will make the mask a little studier.
- Then you will need to decide if you want your children to decorate a mask that has been cut out or one that hasn’t. You can decide if you want to cut it out or they will when it is time.
- Finally, you will need to gather decorating supplies. Below you will find a list of ways the masks could be decorated. We painted ours with acrylic paint and a fork.
Ways to Decorate the Bear Mask
- Magic Markers
- Watercolor Paint and a Paint Brush
- Tempra Paint and Cotton Balls
- Acrylic Paint and a Plastic Fork
- Bingo or Dot Markers
Ways to Wear the Mask
- First, you can punch holes on either side of the mask. Then you can attach yarn to both of the holes. You can tie the two pieces of yarn in the back.
- Second, you can attach a strip of cardstock to both sides of the mask. Your children can then slip the mask over their heads.
- Third, you may have children that don’t want to wear the mask on their face. You can attach a wooden craft stick to the mask. Children can hold the mask over their faces.
If you like this bear activity, here are some more you will love: