Spider Calendar Numbers Free Printable
Use the free spider calendar numbers for your preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten classroom. They’re a great addition to the rest of your calendar numbers stash.
Incorporate the printable spider numbers into your next spider unit or use them in conjunction with your Halloween activities for preschoolers (and kindergartners)! You can also include them when teaching an arachnid or bugs theme, or just because some of your students are interested in spiders.
The spider printable numbers are very simple, but they can be used to teach and practice a wide variety of early math skills. You can use them in so many different ways in your classroom. I love it when printables have seemingly endless uses, don’t you?
Related: Free Preschool Number Printables
Be sure to get your own set of the spider numbers at the very end of this post. The printable comes with numbers 0 to 35 as a PDF you can use right away!
Spider Calendar Numbers
I tend to call these calendar numbers, but you can use them for so much more than your classroom calendar! Below I’ll share how to get the printable ready for use, as well as some ideas for using the numbers with your students.
How to Prep the Spider Number Cards
Start off by grabbing the supplies you’ll need to get the spider calendar numbers ready for use. Here’s what we used (I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post):
- Scissors (although a paper cutter would work well too)
- Laminator and laminating sheets
Once you have those materials ready, get your hands on the materials you’d like to use in conjunction with the number cards. Some possibilities are:
- Pocket chart calendar
- Black pompoms
- Plastic spider rings
- Black glass gems
- Unifix cubes
- Mini erasers
Then it’s time to prep your spider calendar numbers! Get the printable at the bottom of this post and save it to your computer. Next, open it in the most up-to-date version of Adobe Reader and print the pages.
The calendar numbers are 3-inch squares, so adjust your printer settings if you need them a different size. Once the cards are printed, cut them apart and laminate them. Now you’re ready to use the printable numbers with your students!
Using the Spider Numbers with Kids
There are just so many ways you can use the spider calendar numbers with your students! Below are some of our favorite suggestions, but don’t let these ideas limit you. You and your students can come up with even more ways to use the numbers.
- Of course you can use them in your classroom calendars. The printable spider numbers work well with both traditional and linear calendars, and in paper and pocket chart calendars.
- Pair the spider numbers with bat calendar numbers to practice number matching and patterns.
- Add some manipulatives or loose parts to the mix. Then challenge the kids to practice one-to-one correspondence by placing the appropriate number of manipulatives next to each number.
- Have your students put the cards in numerical order. For those who need even more of a challenge, ask the kids to try reverse numerical order from 35 to 0.
- Make a simple sensory writing tray by adding black sand to a shallow dish. Ask your students to practice writing numbers, using the spider calendar numbers as visual cues.
- Use the spider number cards as part of class graphs or as measurement tools throughout the classroom.
- Play a memory game using two copies of the number spiders. Place a few out in a grid shape, upside-down. Let the kids alternate turning over two cards to find matching numbers.
Those are just a few suggestions. How will YOU use the spider numbers with your students? Don’t forget to get your own copy at the bottom of this post.
What are the Kids Learning?
In case you’re wondering what concepts the kids can practice using the spider calendar numbers, I’ve got you covered. Here’s a list of just some of the skills you can teach and explore with the printable numbers:
- Number identification
- One-to-one correspondence
- Number formation
- Skip counting
- Graphing and data analysis
- Numerical order
Which concepts do you think you’ll use the cards for?
More Spider Activities for Kids
If your students enjoy using the spider calendar numbers, they might enjoy these ideas too:
- Glow in the Dark Spider Sensory Bottle
- Sticky Spider Web Activity
- Spider Shape Mats
- Free Spider Web Roll and Cover
- Spider Counting Book
- Fine Motor Spider Web Maze
- Cutting Practice Spider
Do you and the kids have any favorite spider crafts and activities?
Spider Lesson Plans
Over at Preschool Teacher 101, we have over 100 fully-developed, done-for-you early childhood lesson plans. Of course we have a spider-themed set! Click on the image below to get the plans. They come with a weekly overview, detailed daily plans, book suggestions, whole group lessons, small group activities, center ideas, and related printables!
We also have The Pack from Preschool Teacher 101, a membership site for early childhood educators like you. Members get access to our products, as well as member exclusives, for a steep discount. Here are a few other resources you might like:
You can also find us on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Get the Free Printable Spider Calendar Numbers
The printable spider number cards are available to members of Fun-A-Day’s (also free!) email community. If you’re a member, enter your email address in the form below to have the download link sent to your inbox. If you’re not a member, you can join us through the same form. Add your information and then you’ll receive the printable as a welcome gift.
Open the form in a new tab if you can’t see it above.
The post Spider Calendar Numbers Free Printable appeared first on Fun-A-Day!.